Saturday, January 4, 2014

Accountability time

I haven't posted the last few days.  I have not been able to get a handle on eating as I wish.  We found out that even though we have been working very hard for my husband to be classified as disabled he is not eligible for any monetary benefits because the last ten years of his career he was not paying into Social Security but the teacher retirement program.  He is only eligible to receive Medicare to pay for his medical bills (he has Parkinson's disease at 56).  So we struggle on trying to survive only on my salary.  I can't say that it has not been easy because it has been very hard.  He has been so depressed because of this. We have been eating out of comfort. I am once again reaffirming myself to start anew tomorrow morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment